Sunday, July 10, 2011

What we have been doing lately

Hi everyone! We have had a lot going on this summer, and so we will start with what we have been up to since coming back from our long trip to Utah and Washington, and then we will post some pics from those trips.

Recently, I have been on a preceptorship with the family medicine residency in Bryan. It has been a really great experience thus far, despite some really long hours (that I know I will have to get used to in residency anyways). I started off my first week with working in the Family Medicine Clinic, and that was fun working with the residents and seeing quite a few patients a day. I got to see some ultra sounds, alot of well child checks, diabetes and hypertension management, and some OB visits. It was cool, mostly regular family medicine type stuff. In the second week, or last week, I got to go do rounds in the hospital. I had to be there at 5 in the morning (really early compared to the late mornings I was used to on our vacation haha) and then some days I stayed till 5. Despite me being really really tired at the end of the day, it was pretty cool. Some of the highlights for me were watching a mass being pulled out of a guys chest and being able to help participate in a circumcision. I thought the circumcision would be more traumatic for the baby, but it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. This next week I am going to do OB rounds in the hospital, so hopefully that will be fun!

I have had the car most of these past two weeks, so Caity has been stuck at home (I feel bad!). But she has been busy making really good food, as well as working hard on some more blankets. She is getting really excited for her schooling to start up again in the fall, as well as her subbing job.

This past weekend we went up to Dallas to see our friends Brad and Suzi, and we went to a waterpark at 6 flags. It was fun, the slides were great and we used a whole bottle of spray on sun screen so we would not get burnt! The down side was the water and the ground always seemed kinda gross. I think we have had our fill of water parks for the next few years. It was way fun though, and we enjoyed seeing Brad and Suzi. We really want to go back up to Dallas for the State Fair, which we figure should be pretty cool.

Ok here are some pictures of our trip!



Making cotton candy YUM

We visited this pawn shop in Vegas from our favorite show Pawn Stars!


We soaked a ton of stamps all day while we were in Utah, thanks Grandma for collecting all these neat stamps!

We took Reece golfing for the first time, he was in the bushes looking for his ball more than he would have liked.


I saw Hoover Dam for the first time, we were so nervous to even look over the edge. We were almost more amazed by the bridge they built over it.

We loved watching the water fountain show at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas.

It was so great seeing Alan while he was in town and taking us shooting with Grandma and Grandpa.

Reece as an Olympic skier! This was at the Olympic Park in Park City.

The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas was so cool and so big we were too tired from walking around all day to see it all!

Canoeing in Washington

This is called the gum wall in Seattle that we have contributed to.

This is our new nephew William in the blanket I made for him

3 comments:

  1. Love knowing what you are up to and fun to see your pictures. I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun trip. We wish we could have been there. Cute quilt by the way (for a second I thought that you guys had a baby)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of Reece with the grandparents and the gun - being a journalism person I was thinking of captions you could put with that photo....Reece defending the elderly.... haha :)

    ReplyDelete