Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Our trip to California
Well this past weekend we took a whirlwind trip to Los Angeles! My roommate from BYU was getting married, and we decided to go and see!
We left after I took my cardiovascular block final on Friday, and drove to Houston to see my cousin and his wife. We stayed with them that night and went to eat sushi with them. It was a lot of fun, especially since he is now an ER doc and I got to talk to him lots about what he does and what I want to do and about stories and what not...it was fun to catch up with them and to see their kids, who were really cute! They even came down stairs to give us a goodnight hug and kiss, and I got hugs and kisses from both kids, but the little girl (who apparently wanted to come down stairs just to say goodnight to Caity) decided that when she got downstairs she did not want to give Caity a hug or a kiss. Poor Caity!
Anyways, we got up at 5 the next morning, and drove to the airport in Houston, got in to LA at ten, got to our Hotel by 11:15, freshened up and left at 11:30 and got to the temple by 12! It was alot of running around trying to be on time, but it was worth it to see the wedding!
I got to be best man....
Here is a picture of the happy couple:
Here we are outside the temple....
Anyways, after the wedding and after taking pictures, we went to the reception. It was at a youth center on the beach, and we were pretty excited for that! Except for when we got there, it was super foggy! So....no pictures from the beach there, but it was still fun being at the reception.
That night we went and walked around Santa Monica beach and pier, and the 3rd street promenade. It was cold and foggy and we were really tired from running around all day, so we didnt last long.
We did go there the next day before leaving town though
Since we did not have another person with us, we took all our own pictures, which results in lots of pics with us by ourselves or me holding the camera as far away as I can.
Well since we were at the beach, we had to get at least partway in the water, and we thought this next picture was pretty funny. Apparently I need to work on my jumping picture skills. LOL
We saw this man on the beach, and I mentioned that I thought it would be cool to have a metal detector, but then after laughing and realizing that I do not want to look like this guy, we decided to bag that idea.
After hanging out on the beach for a little while, had to leave to catch our plane...it was the shortest trip ever! But it was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed getting to see the wedding. Congrats Steve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love your scarf Caitlin - love the jumping pic Reece! haha Looks like a super fun trip! Snazzy blue tie. p.s.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had fun! Was that a fairy jumping on the beach? Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete