Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Steak and Wine
Well about a week ago we went to the big event in downtown Bryan. The Steak and Wine festival! It was free admission on Friday, so we went to check out the steaks and try some of our favorite vintages....haha jk. It was like one of those little town festivals where they have music, art, and vendors, only in this case they also had wine tasting and lots of steak. We checked out the art, and we decided it was pretty poor. Although better than what I could have done, I am not sure who buys all of these pictures of Native Americans people paint. I mean I am sure they are a good subject, but I don't think I have ever seen one anywhere besides in odd stores, stands, and reproductions at truck stops. I still need to get me one of those sweet t-shirts from a gas station....
Anyways, we wandered around the festival, there was a bit of a crowd there, but not as many as we expected. We did come on the first day, I think maybe all the main event stuff was the next day. To spice things up, we stepped into a western hat shop and decided to see how we looked in $500 cowboy hats! We did not look for our size though (as you will notice).
Yes Caity's hat has zebra print on it.
Here we are in line for a funnel cake!
I don't know if you can tell how big this funnel cake is, but it was huge! And with both of our powers combined, we still could not finish it!
We had so much fun!
We didn't last very long at the festival, it was fun but the local country bands were just a little too hokey and the face painting was dominated by little kids, so we left after eating our funnel cake. Mmmmmm that funnel cake was worth it though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh man! We need to get those shirts and take a family Christmas photo in them just for fun! We always said we were going to do that!!! Looks like a fun festival! Way to get out and experience local flavor. :)
ReplyDeleteYou should have bought the cowboy hat. Then you could go to Cavenders and get some matching $500 cowboy boots. Too bad we missed that funnel cake that looks good.
ReplyDelete